16 May 2011

Free Comic Book Day 2011

Wowee, this is a late post, but I just wanted to write a little bit about Free Comic Book Day.  The event falls on the first Saturday in May and right now I can't believe I missed out on it for years!  So, anyways, this was my first time and I wasn't sure what to expect (beyond the obvious, free comics, weeee!).

Well, it was fun and our favorite comics store, http://www.ilikecomicswa.com/ was super crowded.  I like that.  It means we are not alone in our love of all things superpowered and spandex-y.

Take a look at the great comics we picked up, totally gratis;

 Pretty awesome, right?  Even better, they were completely free!!!!

Some guys from Blue Water were there and they signed these FREE comics for us.  Yahoo!

Also, I bought this one, just because it was so flipping cool.

Isn't it adorable?  Sad, too, because now Prince William isn't an eligible bachelor anymore and so I will have to stop dreaming that he will sweep me off to Buckingham Palace to live with him, sigh.  I bet Buckingham is drafty and smells like bacon.  Plus, it would kinda suck living with the Queen, I bet she's a neatfreak.

Anyways, I've already put Free Comic Book Day on my calender for next year.
Maybe I'll see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment